Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

International Women's Day



Tomorrow is not Mother's Day; it's not Valentine's Day all over again either.
It's not another occasion for men to express their fondness of us.
It's not a lame excuse to party all night, nor an occasion to offer flowers or gifts.

Tomorrow is a moment of respect. an ode to femininity. a time to reflect. a call for change. a thought, carefully treasured for you: my mothers, sisters, daughters, friends, virtual friends, working wives, household wives, grocery store ladies, scary childhood dentists, unloved teachers, strangers smiling at me in a crowded street … you, my "ordinary" women, makers of my history, who have shaped me into the woman I am today.

To all of you, today I say: thank you.

Comments on "International Women's Day"

 

Blogger Laila K said ... (4:03 PM) : 

i'm proud to be one, and i hope all women feel that way about themselves, all year round!

 

Blogger nour said ... (9:41 PM) : 

women....

an ode to femininity, love, tenderness, compassion, sacrifice, dignity, wisdom...etc.

Men who do not forgive women their little faults will never enjoy their great virtues.
Sand and Foam - Khalil Gibran

Eve, aren't u such a good example..

 

Blogger Delirious said ... (11:37 PM) : 

You're most welcome my dear Eve! ;)

As Antoine de St. Exupery once said: "Je croyais la femme supérieure à l'homme, jusqu'au jour où elle a tenté de devenir son égale" (I thought that woman was superior to man until the day she attempted to become his equal)

Is that why there isn't an "International Men's Day"? :P

Bonne fête à toutes les femmes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:56 AM) : 

Happy women's day.

Hoping for better years for all women.

 

Blogger BeeJ said ... (5:48 AM) : 

I love you all

 

post a comment