Powered by Blogger

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Venetian Glass

As one who sails upon a wide, blue sea
Far out of land, his mind intent
Upon the sailing of his little boat
On tightening the ropes and shaping fair his course
Hears suddenly, across the endless sea
The rhythm striking of some towered clock,
And wakes from thoughtless idleness to time;
Time, the slow pulse which beats eternity!
So through the vacancy of busy life
At intervals you cross my path and bring
The deep solemity of passing years
For you I have shed bitter tears
For you, I have relinquished that for which my heart cried
in selfish longing.
And tonight, having just left you,
I can say:
"Tis well, Thank God I have known a soul so true, so nobly just,
so worthy to be loved!"

by Amy Lowell, as tears drip from the heart

Comments on "Venetian Glass"

 

Blogger Zanzounito said ... (1:33 PM) : 

Thanks, my favorite poem that strikes right to the heart...bienvenue a la Ad-Libanaises :)

 

Blogger Kareemios said ... (3:10 PM) : 

i have no idea how i got here

 

Blogger Zanzounito said ... (5:49 PM) : 

neither do I

 

post a comment