Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Wrinkle Moi!

The reflection in the mirror vividly displays my aging process. I don't mind it. I compare my pictures from when I was 13, 15, 17, 20, 22, to my pictures now at 25. The aging process is magnificent... I love it! Every tiny wrinkle I have is from the amount of times I have smiled, laughed, frowned, or cried. My brief history is apparent on my face.

I don't understand why people want to have all sorts of surgeries to look younger, or to look different.

I watch old movies, or old video clips, and I watch the recent ones. The women were naturally beautiful before. Each in her own way. The apparent fakeness today has caused a uniform identity for all... a non- existent identity.

What do you think?

Comments on "Wrinkle Moi!"

 

Blogger callipyge said ... (7:17 PM) : 

Well, I love the natural aging process too!! I am 26 and loving it!! And I am not afraid of 36... maybe not of 46... but ask me this question again when I am 56 (inchallah).

 

Blogger Delirious said ... (11:07 PM) : 

:) Reminds me of the time a few years back when I freaked out after I discovered I had a white hair. I called my mom in a fit of hysterics... "How the heck can this happen and I'm only 20?!" I can still hear her laughing at me :D

Seriously though, I frankly don't mind the aging process. Although my friends and I get a reality jolt every now and then at our birthdays when we realize time is flying by faster than we notice!

But basically I'm all for the natural look, although I think that if someone is really unhappy with the way they look, it's okay to help nature a bit with some minor surgery if it would make them feel better (I'm not talking about fake boobs or lips, just a small nose job, or maybe some Botox...). After all, even though 'what matters is on the inside', looks do matter - especially in this age and time.
Finally, I do agree with you Rampurple... women were naturally beautiful before.

 

Blogger Rampurple said ... (12:13 PM) : 

i agree with u both. God knows how we would feel when we are 56... if God willing we will ever reach that age.

I also freaked out at white hair... but i freaked out more when i had to start using certain dye types that only cover grey hair...

it also is true, that looks do matter to a certain extent, but i disagree with changing what we look like... ya3ni i know people who look a lot different now then they did when i knew them just 5 years ago, to the extent i dont recognize them unless they tell me who they are.

everything is nice to a moderate limit. i am not anti-cosmetic surgery but anti-overusing cosmetic surgery

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:28 PM) : 

Yeah, right. Wait till you're hitting 40, and those laughing lines are there even when you don't laugh. When you raise your arm, and you look in the mirror and you see the skin under it flapping in the wind. When you see a picture of you and you wonder; 'what's that stuff in your neck'.

 

Blogger La La said ... (5:03 AM) : 

callipyge: 30 is the new 20! so get ready sister!

 

Blogger Kareemios said ... (5:18 AM) : 

i think nancy ajram looks quite better now than before :D

 

post a comment