Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Movie Review: Nineteen Eighty-Four

I thought I can start by posting movie reviews that I already post on my blog.

I read Georges Orwell’s book 1984 around 5 years back. My little brother, Patrick recommended the book to me. I really liked the book, although once again, some of you might find it slow and disturbing but I do believe that’s how it should have been read so that you completely feel the totalitarian society.

Recently, going through Mark’s list of movies on the home server, I found the movie. I had to watch it. I downloaded it a few days ago but I wanted to watch it when I relaxed and was able to concentrate at it since I was really looking forward to it.

I must say it is extremely rare to find a movie done well from a book or a comic. They usually disappoint me. Therefore, I totally am impressed with the movie 1948. The director, Michael Radford, did a brilliant job depicting the book. The torture scenes were gruesome and the final rat torture scene was spine-chilling.

I am glad I watched this movie.

Comments on "Movie Review: Nineteen Eighty-Four"

 

Blogger Dry Gin Martini said ... (4:00 PM) : 

1984 is one of my favorite books, but I never knew they made a movie out of it :S now I'm curious!

 

post a comment